BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN SHARON
On the banks of the Shenango River, Beautiful Downtown Sharon is the perfect destination for any time of year with world-renowned retailers, boutique storefronts and cultural activities.
Sharon is home to some of the world’s largest family owned and operated retailers of their kind, featured on the Travel Channel, David Letterman, and more.
- The Winner features four floors of savings on the latest fashions and accessories in petite, missy, and women sizes featuring luxurious evening-wear, career-wear, cruisewear and bridal. Our sister property… Our guests get 10% off!
- Daffin’s, the world’s largest candy store, features a wonderful selection of homemade chocolates, candies, cards, and gifts since 1949 and is home of the “Chocolate Kingdom".
- Reyers, the world’s largest shoe store, opened 1886, stocks over 100,000 pairs of brand names shoes in hard-to-find men’s, women’s and children’s sizes.
Locally owned boutiques and galleries have been opening at warp speed during the recent Revitalization of “Beautiful Downtown Sharon”. There is something for everyone! (even the guys who don’t like to shop can enjoy the Men’s Lounge at The Winner with reclining chairs, big screen tv, beer and popcorn!). Here are some of our favorite, tourist-friendly shops...
- Designs by G – Handmade custom jewelry creations, accessories, clothing, gifts, and Fair Trade items. Affordable shop featuring locally made and one-of-a-kind creations.
- Gallery 29 – Represents the collective works of over 100 of the local area’s finest artists and craftsmen. Classes available.
- Lambkins Children's Boutique – Carries exclusive children's clothing, accessories and gifts.
- Never Enough Yarn – Local Yarn Shop (LYS) with selection of fine, quality yarns, sari ribbon & novelty yarns. Large selection of knitting needles, crochet hooks and specialty accessories.
- The Emerald Tablet – Holistic herbs and teas, books, craftsmen items, African and Middle Eastern drums and more.
- The Penn-Ohio Cigar Company – Housing over 400 varieties of premium cigars. The atmosphere is as enjoyable as the cigars; the perfect place to relax.
- Thyme in Your Kitchen – A culinary boutique that offers quality dinnerware, bakeware, kitchen accessories and artisan-made gift ideas. Cooking classes for the novice to the expert.
- Urban Barn – Specializes in faux finishing vintage furniture with Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan, Miss Mustard Seed Milk paints and a variety of paint enhancers.
- Warehouse Sales – A locally owned hardware store with the best customer service around! If they don’t have it, you don’t need it!
Shop till you drop, then have lunch at some of our finest “foodie” establishments:
- Donna’s Diner – Good old-fashioned 50’s diner food and hand-dipped milkshakes (live music every Friday 5p-7p… BYOB). Our sister property… Our guests get 10% off!
- Brewtus Brewery – Microbrewery and restaurant offers quality hand crafted beers, fresh deli sandwiches, artisan pizzas and homemade sodas
- Clarencedale Cupcakes & Café – Cupcakes, special occasion cakes, and a light lunch menu of homemade soups, salads and sandwiches.
- Cravings – Bringing you Penn State Creamery Ice Cream and some of your favorite local businesses all in one sweet spot.
- Haitian Sensations Coffee Shop & Caribbean Cuisine – Worldrenowned Haitian Mountain Bleu coffee, authentic Caribbean menu. Proceeds support mission in Haiti.
- Quaker Steak & Lube™ (The Original) – America’s #1 Motor-Themed Family Restaurant, voted “Best Wings USA” with over 20 Award-Winning sauces.
- And two of the best hot dog shops around: Niko & Lou’s Coney Island & Sharon Hot Dog Shop
The City showcases an amazing selection of live music, dance, and special events throughout the year:
- WaterFire Sharon PA – An all-day arts and music festival culminating with over fifty sparkling bonfires ablaze on the Shenango River accompanied by enchanting music, diverse performers and artists from around the globe.
- Brown Bag Concert Series – Every Wednesday at noon during the summer.
- Spring Fling – First Saturday in May: merchants, artisans and musicians celebrate the arrival of spring: free flower baskets and prizes, Maifest at the local Apollo Maeenerchor Club, and more.
- Small Business Saturday™ Holiday Extravaganza – Saturday after Thanksgiving – kicks off the holidays with city-wide DownTown ShopAround and Night of Lights festivities. Entertainment throughout the city, horse-drawn sleigh rides, the arrival of Santa, and fireworks.