How To Best Enjoy The Fall Foliage At Tara
With miles of farmland and rolling hills, driving through Mercer County during the fall season is a breath-taking way to enjoy a weekend getaway. During your weekend of leaf-peeping adventures, where you choose to stay, can help to make your trip even more special!
Tara- A Country Inn is nestled in the beautiful scenery of Mercer County is the perfect destination to enjoy the fall foliage. Rather than staying in an ordinary hotel, you can wake up surrounded by the southern charm of days gone by, enjoy the beautiful sights of foliage right outside your window, and dine on gourmet foods during your stay. If you are able to get away during the week, even better! Tara offers $100 off their room rate Sunday through Thursday.
Fall Sight-Seeing, Shopping, and More in Downtown Sharon!
During your visit to Tara, you can stroll and shop around at the many unique shops in downtown Sharon, sample wines, and brews at many of Mercer County’s wineries and breweries or take a hike on the beautiful trails for your outdoor adventure.
Shopping, Dining & Relaxation
- The Winner. This world-renowned retailer with four floors of great deals on the latest fashions and accessories with everything from career wear, year-round cruise-wear evening wear, and bridal; affectionately known throughout the region as “Gown Town”. The Winner is one of Tara’s sister properties and offers 10% off for Tara guests.
- Reyers. This is the world’s largest family-owned shoe store, featuring name brand shoes for men, women, and children, along with a wide selection of hard to find sizes.
- Daffin’s Candy. Enjoy a sweet treat during your stroll after a visit to the world’s largest candy store featuring homemade chocolates and candies. You can also view the incredible Chocolate Kingdom.
- Local Boutiques. There are also many locally-owned boutiques featuring a variety of unique gifts and wares.
- Donna’s Diner. The diner is one of Tara’s sister properties where guests can enjoy old-fashioned 50s diner food, hand-dipped milkshakes, and 10% their meal.
- Buhl Mansion Spa. A luxurious day spa inside the historic 1890s “castle”, once a wedding present from Frank Buhl, steel baron, to his wife Julia. Dozens of pampering services from massage to body wraps to facials and nail services. Complimentary champagne, steam room, sauna and monsoon showers are included. 10% savings for Tara houseguests.
Wine & Brew Trail
Tara is located near a variety of wineries, breweries, cideries, and distilleries on the Mercer County Wine & Brew Trail, where you can enjoy small bites and sample the finest spirits, wines, and beers in the area surrounded by the orange, red, and golden hues of autumn. Fall is Pennsylvania Wine Season and Mercer County and its surrounding areas have some fantastic wineries (and breweries) in the area to enjoy while you visit us.
- Webb Winery. Webb’s proud “Farm to Bottle” philosophy makes them a PA Preferred® winery, sourcing all of their grapes from local and regional family-owned farms. Taste their award-winning wines in their tasting room conveniently located on Route 18, just 6 miles south of Tara.
- Nova Cellars Winery and Brew 32. Two in one, this winery and brewery is located on a quaint, rural pond in Pulaski, PA just moments from I-376. Guests get to enjoy the scenery while tasting their diverse wine and beer selections. Nova Destinations also have Fractured Grape Winery and Hop Asylum Brewery, both in New Wilmington, PA and Nockin’ Noggin Cidery in Volant, PA.
- Hartford Hills Winery. Located across the border in Fowler, OH, this rustic barn winery features live entertainment on the weekends and has a nice selection of wines.
Don’t Miss the Fall Foliage. Book Your Stay Today!
Tara- A Country Inn provides guests with luxurious amenities as well as guided tours of the property where you can learn more about the inn while enjoying the scenic views. Book Now to enjoy your fall foliage trip at Tara – A Country Inn!